Meg and John Burdick share their journey in the quest for success. Join us as we rejoice in their victories and commiserate with them in the pitfalls that all companies eventually face.
- Part 1
- Real world dispatches from a “front lines” professional carpet cleaner
- Part 2
- New vs. Repeat Carpet Cleaning Clients
- Part 3
- The decision on hiring a business consultant
- Part 4
- Even carpet cleaners have to “start with the end in mind”
- Part 5
- The Burdicks build for their future by looking beyond equipment and chemicals
- Part 6
- Reflections on making things happen …
- Part 7
- “Marketing decisions are so much easier when we have hard numbers”
- Part 8
- Moving forward by “letting go” of the day-to-day details
- Part 9
- The most important investment- “Investing in Ourselves”
- Part 10
- Focusing on our online marketing
- Part 11
- Hiring a carpet cleaning tech … again!
- Part 12
- More hiring issues. Deciding on a pay structure.
- Part 13
- Our latest triumphs! … And challenges!
2 thoughts on “Meg’s Story Directory”
Wow….I was just poking around on the site and discovered the drop down of “Meg’s Story Journal” under the From Our Members tab. Nothing like the pressure of knowing I have my own spot on the SFS site to make sure I keep the dispatches coming. How sly of you!
Seriously, thanks for highlighting our story. It’s helpful to share it as a way to reflect and learn from the journey we are taking. I hope that others find as many take aways from our story as I get from sharing it.
You have no idea, Meg. One of our members wrote me the other day asking “What has happened to Meg? I miss her!” Seriously. So I sent him this dispatch even before I loaded it on the site to feed his “Meg addiction”.
PS While we appreciate your dispatches from down-in-the-trenches I also know you have a business (and more importantly a family) to take care of. Put them first and then when you have a moment think of us … 🙂
Comments are closed.